Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Animation Final
            Guarantees: For the technology guarantee I learned how to use software such as Maya and After Effects, and learned how to make models and render them. It was important to help me get things done, and is obviously important to learn. Maya was my favorite program to use, but it is extremely complex. I think it took a little too long to learn. For collaboration I worked on the final project with my group. I played one of the characters in the video. it was important that we worked together well as a team, and had chemistry. We had to collaborate to come up with the plot of our video, and we definitely had conflicting and ambitious ideas. The communication guarantee goes hand in hand with the collaboration guarantee. For both it was important to communicate as a team, and get things done as efficiently as possible. We had few challenges with communication; although the first day we couldn't figure out where to film. this was because the green screen was being used by other students. We ended up having to go in the flex theatre, where there was a flat black curtain. The next day we lost our footage though so It didn't even matter. We were then able to redo it with the green screen though. The project management guarantee was the toughest one for me. I had a major problem, because I am a slow worker. I wouldn't fully finish a project by the time we got to the next one. So I would just move on, without finishing the previous project. As a result I had a ton of late assignments, and they built up over time. I wish I would've worked quicker with the time I had. Maybe used time more efficiently is the better term. Overall this term was the hardest for me to grasp. However on the final project our team managed it's time very well despite a few setbacks, like the green screen situation. Thankfully our video wasn't very long and we were able to get everything done, (Special Effects included) on time. So basically it went very well in many ways.
Leadership is the final guarantee. This is the one I felt the least throughout the semester. We all worked cohesively on the final project, and I feel like there wasn't really a standout leader in the group. We all bounced off each other's ideas.
Nathan: Actor and Lightning Effects
Noah: Actor and Fire Effects
Me: Actor and Laser Effects
Collin: Actor and Model Creator
Thomas: Green Screen Edits and Filming






No comments:

Post a Comment